Friday, January 19, 2007

Blogging, What's in it for me. Tagged by Verns

This week Entry will be different from all the Rest, because Verns, that beautiful Verns from my Neighbour to the South ( South of Iloilo) Tagged me about Things that Happen as the consequence of Blogging.

1. Since started Blogging a few months ago, I would say 7 months, I also put a corresponding pounder on myself. That may have been caused by staying inactive for long intervals in front of P.C. instead of doing some exercise while munching and everything. Crumbs all over..

2. From the onset, I was able to learn how to use the internet and was able to penetrate the firewall and hacked on my niece Blogsite (until she found out) and learned of her more than she told and I thought she told me everything, not even some stuff she wanted, because my sister don’t want her to put me in the Dog House (bankrupt). I end up getting her a laptop, a digicam and a plasma t.v. and that before she can qualify for her license. Bibs, you may have to work for your own car.

3. Learned how to use the Spell Check feature of the Program that comes with the bundle called word perfect to check on my spelling sometimes, but managed still to post many comments and entries with multiply spelling "bobos ", never mind the grammar, that one commenter in PCIJ spent her whole comments criticizing my deficiency of the English Language, even as I informed her that I lived and worked in an English Speaking Society longer than her 21 years of life. She just passed the Nursing Lisensure Exams, so she said.

4. Blogging made me re-acquaint with my fellow Filipinos mostly from my Native Philippines, which before Blogging, I was only able to interact during my short visit every so often and mostly within my Family and Friends. Now, I am able to interchange not only ideas and share some thoughts with just every one, young and not so old, uncles and aunties and some grandmas and grandpas like me (my brothers grandchildren call me Lolo). And help keep me going, facing the realities of living away from most of the people I care most, but also thanks to the Internet and the Phones, and the chat and the email, I can feel and see their faces all the time..

5. Blogging made me realized that I can compose more than a paragraph of thoughts and ideas and sometimes a long and boring rants against the Politicians, that everyone agree are the favourite subjects of just every One in Two bloggers. It is like going back decades ago, when we communicate with our family, our friends and even to our no-good political leaders with a carefully written and re-written letters, but now it is much easier and faster and some intelligent non-human to correct and re-write our letters and with the click of something that was even smarter than the real living "mouse", is sent faster than the first class mail.


There you go, my first Meme, courtesy of Verns, so I’m not tagging anyone, but free to tell us what blogging did or has it made significant impacts or has made any positive or negative changes on your lives? Now don’t be shy...